Friday, September 13, 2013

Here We Go Again, CSA Year Two

    It was the third week of July and I finally mustered my energy and ordered my CSA subscription.  It only took a couple of trips to the insanely  busy local farmers market to convince me, sometimes I just hate crowns and of course deciding what to buy.  By joining the CSA I ovoid both and still get yummy fresh vegetables.  I'm using Arlington Garden Treasures again this year and encourage everyone to check them out.  I will again try and blog about what comes in my bi-weekly box, wish me luck.

CSA Week One:

Let the mystery begin..
Drum roll please....





My first box had swiss chard, raspberries, tomatoes, beats, cauliflower, onions, garlic, zucchini and the only thing I didn't recognize....
What is it?

I wasn't feeling to adventurous so I sauteed down the swiss chard with bacon, sausage, onions and garlic, grilled the zucchini, ate the tomatoes in salad and sliced, steamed the cauliflower, the beets are waiting to roasted and the raspberries, well that is a story for another day.  So what was the unidentified green stuff?  It was purslane aka pig weed, that's right a weed.  I guess you eat it like lettuce but since I'm very picky about my lettuce, it is moldered in the fridge.  Oh well, you can't win them all.

TTFN everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment