Sunday, September 15, 2013

High Time for Pie



It was spring and my rhubarb, which is now a distant memory, was still growing like gang busters and a flyer came in the mail from my church about a pie potluck.  What type of pie to make? I wondered to myself.  I then, remember a great jam a friend of mine made years ago, rhubarb blueberry.  So off to the store to buy Pillsbury refrigerator pie crust (the rolling pin and I do not get along well) and frozen blueberries.  Once, I arrived back home I picked some rhubarb and was off to mixing and baking.  I snagged the recipe off the internet and if you are eager to reproduce my endeavors you can find one there too.

I chopped the rhubarb into small bits, added blueberries, sugar, and tapioca and let it sit for awhile.  I lined a pie pan with the Pillsbury crust and then added the mixture add the top crust and let my imagination and knife skills run wild.  I then popped the whole thing in the oven and awhile latter out came a pie.
I must admit that the pie never it to the church pie potluck,   I feed it to my family at family brunch.  They all proclaimed it good.  However I thought it needed a little something and that something was the orange zest I forgot.  Oh well, it was still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment