Friday, August 10, 2012

CSA Box Number Two

I picked up my second CSA today on the way home from work.  Peeking out from under the giant leaves were some gorgeous looking strawberries and a heirloom tomato.


As I unpacked the box this is what I found.


A bunch of beets, 2 bunches of carrots, a head of cabbage, 2 tomato, a bunch of kale,a bunch collard greens, potatoes, an onion, a head of garlic, a bunch of basil, and 2 cucumbers.


I have to admit these are two of the stranger cucumbers I have seen.

Since I was starving and the smell of basil was driving me nuts, I made a quick batch of  Pesto.  I made the recipe up.  Basil, olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, almonds, and sea salt.


 Viola, Pesto!


Slice up one of the beautiful tomatoes that came in the box.  Then sprinkle on some salt, toast a slice of home made bread, spread with left over pesto and finally top with some melted mozzarella cheese and boom! A great a easy dinner.


One last thing, I now have a head and a half of cabbage.  Should I try kimchi and if so do anyone out there have a easy recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment