Monday, September 24, 2012

Collard Green Lasagna

Way back in box two there was a big bunch of collard greens. I wasn't sure what to do with them. So I searched the internet and came across a recipe for lasagna.  The recipe substituted collard greens for some of the noodles.  I never realized how easy lasagna was to make.  So here we go...


The ingredients are very simple, collard greens, no boil lasagna, ricotta, Parmesan and sauce.  My go to sauce is Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara.  I use it for spaghetti and for pizza. 

 I cut down the collard's to fit the pan.
 I blanched the collards in boiling water.
The I stopped the cooking in ice water and then I dried them off.
  Let the assembly begin!

 sauce
 pasta, ricotta
 collards, sauce, Parmesan.  Then repeat!
The final product!.


I haven't eaten it yet.  I put the cover on and popped it in the freezer and I am waiting for a nice fall day.  When the time comes, I will bake it at 350 until done.  I wonder how it will taste?


No comments:

Post a Comment